Feel better quicker with this highly effective treatment. Drugs will be delivered directly to the affected area, reducing the chance of side effects and lowering the concentration of the drug that's required.
In those cases where the desired treatment outcome is not reached by using electrotherapy by itself we utilize drug phoresis. This method uses similar electrodes to the ones used for inteferential therapy, however this method utilises specific medications. We try to start with natural medications and if this fails we move on to either anti-inflammatories or specific drugs as prescribed by your doctor.
Drug delivery using electrical current (iontophoresis), ultrasound (phonophoresis) or magnetic flux (magnetophoresis) is an effective way to help drive the medication directly to the painful area where it is needed and often requires less medication than if taken orally or as a cream.
- Allows drug delivery specifically to the affected organ or tissue
- Avoids or minimises adverse reactions of the drug
- Maintains local drug effect for a prolonged period
- Reduces the drug dose required
- Combined effect of electrotherapy modalities and drugs
- Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder)