Physiotherapists are health professionals who have sound knowledge of the human body. This knowledge, when coupled with manual techniques, can help provide relief from a large range of musculoskeletal issues.
Physiotherapy treatments can involve the following:
- Traction (gentle pulling on different joints)
- Mobilisations (movement of the joint)
- McKenzie treatment method
- Heat/cold therapy
- Retraining of posture and movements as well
- Specific strengthening and stretching exercises to aid in your recovery
- Taping techniques which can help retrain posture, decrease pain and protect from injury
- Prenatal, antenatal and postnatal therapy
- Incontinence therapy
What are the benefits?
- Help reduce pain caused by arthritis (osteo / rheumatoid) & other musculoskeletal disorders (inc. fibromyalgia, joint replacements & post-fractures)
- Improved balance & posture
- Assist in the control of cardiovascular disease and metabolic disorders such as diabetes or obesity
- Enjoy the psychological & emotional benefits of regular exercise and social interaction